The match against Stockport County would be my second full game filming (as the oxford game was cancelled). To begin with we had problems with the weather and lightning, but not as we had expected. The sun was very bright, and as the cameras were positioned in different parts of the stadium, they had to be set up differently. I found ti difficult to see the LCD screen on my camera due to the glare from the sun, which made tracking the ball at a distance nearly impossible. I did manage to cover the majority of the game, and didn’t miss any key parts. This is something I will have to look into over the course of the next few games, and find a solution to my problem. Here is the match report from this game:
When it came to producing the graphics, I had practiced a lot more in the run-up to the game, and so found it much easier to produce what I needed in a shorter amount of time. The graphics were still taking a very long time to produce however, but most of this is down to processing time which cannot be improved due to hardware limitations in my laptop. This is something that we will have to take into account as a team, as we’re combining our skills together to produce different parts of the project. Below are some of the graphics I produced for this game:
For this game I made some major improvements to my graphics, and made them look much more professional. To begin with I made the substitution graphic much more compact and sleek, as my peers had mentioned that the current graphic was a little too bulky and took up too much space on the screen. I agreed and produced one that’s a lot more professional and smaller. I also created separate replay graphics for each team, so that the replays could be more specific.
Overall I am very pleased with the way my work has developed, and I believe I have improved in software skill and graphic design, which will both be very useful to have on my CV. I still believe I have areas to improve upon, but will only get that with practice. My camera operating skills are still not up to par with my other crew members, and that is something I will try to develop further. I do believe that my organisational skills and time management are improving, especially as I have other work for my course that I must complete in tandem with this proffesional experience. Here is a link to the final finished game: